[Coco] Is anyone using Dynastar yet?

gene heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Sat Jan 7 20:05:46 EST 2012

On Saturday, January 07, 2012 07:52:53 PM gene heskett did opine:

> Greetings all;
>
> I am on a quest to find an editor that I can run over a minicom link to
> /t2 on my coco3.
>
> This I believe uses the /dd/sys/termset file to configure itself, but I
> don't appear to be getting the desired results.
>
> Can anyone help at this late date?
>
> Cheers, Gene

I now have the manual that came with that copy of version 3.4 of Dynastar
(all of that has now been declared Public Domain in case anyone is worried
about the copyright status, see a post on the Flex User Group list) but
while the two files I need to play with are discussed, its only an
overview, with zero definitions of what bite does what.  Since it uses the
scred idea of a termset file to adapt it to the various coco/ansi/term
screens, there might be something about the termset files variables in the
level 2 development kit which I have, but there is a second file, also
looked for in /dd/sys, called ds.init, which may have similar functions,
and while I have one of those, it sure doesn't resemble the dump I located
somewhere in the first 14 pages of google hits, 95% of which were for
Dynastar Ski's.

So I'm still stumbling around in the dark with rapidly failing batteries in
my flashlight.

Are there any clues out there in dusty mental attics that might help me
decode this puzzle?

Thanks everybody.
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
If it doesn't smell yet, it's pretty fresh.
		-- Dave Johnson, on dead seagulls