[Coco] Coco 1/2 RF faint?

Steve Bjork 6809er at srbsoftware.com
Mon Feb 13 21:15:09 EST 2012

We get a lot of newbie question here on the list and that's great.  But
once in a while, we get a question like this were you answered it yourself.

You said "The strange thing is that using carts everything appears as
bright as on a composite Coco 3. Is this something to do with the
inferior RF of a Coco 1 and 2 vs. the composite of coco 3?"

All of us look at the question and felt it we better not respond since
you already had the answer.  Besides, most answers would sound like "No
Kidding" and that would not be kind.

The bottom line, The higher quality graphics the better the connection
should be.  The CoCo 1/2 graphics system was designed for limitations of
the RF display connection.  The CoCo 3 graphics system push the required
display connection past the limits of composite Video.  This is why a
RGB video (much like a VGA) was added to the CoCo 3.

You should see the quality of connection needed to send the new 4K 3-D
standard.  it about 6 times the bandwidth of HDMI 1.4A used today!

Steve