[Coco] EverythingOutlet.com selling counterfeit software?

Tue Aug 14 00:58:03 EDT 2012

Hi,

EverythingOutlet.com selling counterfeit software?

YES!

As soon as I looked at the insert, it's poor print quality and what it said
I became suspicious.

On the EverythingOutlet.com's FAQ:

"We do NOT and will NOT sell fake, pirated, copied, or bootlegged products."
YAH!

http://www.internetnews.com/software/article.php/3848226/SIIA+Adobe+Take+Online+Pirates+to+Court.htm

http://graphicssoft.about.com/cs/faq/a/softwarescams.htm

$29 for IBM's Lotus Smart Suite 9.8.2 when IBM wants $342?

---------------------------------
Still, Microsoft Security Essentials found no problems.

I installed it into a Virtual Machine and it looks right when compared with
9.7 which I got for ~ double the price ten years ago from a clothing surplus
store in Florida.

It wanted to call home to IBM right away, but the VM has no Internet
connection. (Would IBM erase my HDD?)

Looking at what has changed, there is very little and I doubt that I would
be happy if the price was higher.

I will be using it only in a VM until I am sure there are no problems.

The CD sure looks good but I would need to have a real one from IBM to
compare with.

Anyway, look for my web page with all it's downloads to improve soon.

We all get caught sometime, I think that this is my first.

SHF