[Coco] c.comp and c.pass1 / c.pass2 data sizes.

Sat Apr 28 21:48:39 EDT 2012

Hi,

OK, your suggestions are mine also.

I am not going to be very specific because I consider myself under a NDA
although I have not been told I am.

But the program was built on OS-9.3333333333333333333333.

The author has "fixed" so much of the OS-9 system, added his own weird
version of "CC", maybe "fixed" c.comp and who knows what else.

He put 10# of @^$$%&& into a 9.9# pail and it is messy, smells, and has done
other very strange things to produce the program.

My first reaction was, this source has never been compiled and built into a
program that was tested and released. I hope that the problem is a NitrOS-9
bug.

To the "Bounty ware", "Paid ware", "Shareware", "Free ware" we may now have
to add "Salvage ware" where the fans of the program contribute to a fund to
send a HDD to a data recovery company to get the program's real source.

That is if any company would work on a tiny HDD with 256 byte sectors.

The backup HDD may be the one that is readable and perhaps not a good
backup.

SAD!

SHF