[Coco] Announcement: CoCoBoot Project's first Alpha release

Steven Hirsch snhirsch at gmail.com
Wed Oct 12 07:46:03 EDT 2011

On Tue, 11 Oct 2011, gene heskett wrote:

>> FYI:  The zip file is a bit... odd.  The three text files are present
>> with relative paths in the archive:
>>
>> ../README
>> ../COPYING
>> ../HELP
>>
>> The version of unzip on my Linux box doesn't seem to like that very
>> much.
>>
>> Was this deliberate?
>>
>> Steve
>
> Doubtful Steve.  There is unzip, and there is gunzip.  They do not appear
> to be compatible with each others file structures.

Yes, gzip/gunzip are a totally different animal.  I was using Info-ZIP (or
its descendant, at any rate).  In my environment, it's bolted underneath
Midnight Commander (without which I'd be lost).  In that situation, things
get very confused.

When I finally ran it at the command line it did extract those three
files, albeit with some complaining.

At any rate, this is minor stuff compared to the fine work that's gone
into that package.  Now to find some time to play with it :-)

Steve