[Coco] Super IDE vs. Drive Pak

Aaron Wolfe aawolfe at gmail.com
Tue Nov 15 20:41:17 EST 2011

On Tue, Nov 15, 2011 at 8:35 PM, Brian Blake <random.rodder at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 11/15/2011 8:24 PM, Mark Ormond wrote:
>>
>> Which is easier to use (not to setup?)
>

> That's purely subjective and dependent on the person using it; I use the
> DrivePak more because I'm in RSDOS far more than I'm in NitrOS-9.
>
> But it also starts getting into the comparisons of CoCoNet vs. HDB-DOS.
> There are some things that CoCoNet does not do well yet; an example would be
> using multi-disk games or apps since there's no way to change the disk AFAIK
> (Roger may be working on addressing this, I don't know). Aaron's DW4 server
> is excellent in this capacity as it makes it really easy to change disk
> images, as well as add lots of functionality.

thanks! :)

did coconet ever add a GUI so you can change disks on the PC?  Back
when I used it, the only way to change disks was via typing in long
commands, even in BASIC.  However I think there was something in the
works to make that easier.  As you mentioned, changing disks is very
simple in DriveWire whether in basic or in OS9, dw3 or dw4... you just
choose the file for the image using the traditional File, Open type of
GUI dialog.  You can also type in commands to do that kind of thing
from the PC or from the CoCo in OS9 or CoCoboot, but not BASIC (yet?).