[Coco] superIDE or drivepak ?

Aaron Wolfe aawolfe at gmail.com
Tue Nov 15 12:44:29 EST 2011

You know, in our collective tendency to fall into old patterns maybe
we are missing the OP's most important questions.. he is new and
doesn't know (or likely care) about the long history this subject has.
 If you think about his questions.. he just wants to play games and is
concerned about ease of use.  Yes, "which is best" was asked but
"best" depends on what you want to do.

Laurent, have you looked at DriveWire?  It's free, though you need a
serial cable and getting a rompak with the DW rom in it makes life a
lot more convenient.  For about $30 you could get both, or you can
make your own for free (assuming you have an eprom burner etc).
The reason I bring it up is that DriveWire is in many ways easier than
either storage pak for simply playing games.  You just choose the game
you want to play using your PC and turn on the CoCo, its ready to go.
Might fit your needs very well.

-Aaron