[Coco] root.r

Lothan lothan at newsguy.com
Wed Nov 2 19:05:20 EDT 2011

> Unless view's looking for an entirely different file, but that seems
> unlikely.  root is like cstart, but with the regular OS-9 register
> setup instead of the C register setup.

I just looked at the code on my dev disk and see root.a is using the Y
register as an index to the data area, which is identical to cstart.a. The
difference between the two is that root.a is a lightweight version of
cstart.a -- root.a doesn't have any of the logic immediately after the
restack function up through the patch function. In other words, root.a
doesn't process the command-line arguments to create argc/argv and it does
not include the stkcheck, erexit, stacksiz, and freemem functions.