[Coco] CPREP19B upload

Michael Furman n6il at ocs.net
Mon May 30 00:38:32 EDT 2011

On May 29, 2011, at 2:31 PM, Willard Goosey <goosey at virgo.sdc.org> wrote:

> On Sun, May 29, 2011 at 09:27:39AM -0700, Michael Furman wrote:
>
>> Just checking your work.
>>
>> Looks like this bug also exists in  the C port of the compiler.  The
>> compiler itself has support for /d but the preprocessor doesn't.
>
> Well, I don't know what preprocessor it uses, but the \d thing is a
> non-portable Microware extension.
>
> Willard
> -

Someone disassembled the Microware OS-9 C compiler and translated it from 6809 to C.  The source was sent anonymously to Boisy and has been offered on this list at least once  before.  The source can be built on Linux and Mac and results in a complete cross compiler for OS-9.

The cpp included with this package is in a "cprep19" directory, and I have confirmed that at least one of the bugs you are working on exists there.  I don't know if this is the same source you are working with or not.

I also looked at the translated compiler itself and confirmed that it supports \d as suggested in the manual.

So i am checking the bugs you are working on and the fixes against this alternate source.  So far it all checks out.

I think we should probably stick this source in the nitros9 or toolshed trees.  We'll need to have a discussion of any licensing and copyright issues before doing this.