[Coco] [!! SPAM] CoCoFest Online - For those that just simply could not go.

Aaron Wolfe aawolfe at gmail.com
Wed May 25 01:43:26 EDT 2011

I haven't seen the video capture on the FTP site, but if it's just a
recording of the live feed, there will certainly be long periods of
the same shot.  I did try to move it around from time to time and to
put it close to the seminars, but I was pretty busy doing other things
at the fest.  I think some serious cutting/editing would need to be
done in order to have something enjoyable to watch.

I did monitor the coco IRC channel most of the time and tried to
respond to requests made there for a closeup of this or that or a
chance to say hi to someone.  For instance we did a short
demonstration of the FPGA, the coco I/O board and the new video modes
for the internet folks, and Frank P. and Steve B. talked to them for a
bit.  We had over a dozen people in the IRC channel for the entire
fest from what I saw, so lots of good conversations there as folks
watched the sometimes boring feed :)

Steve Bjork took high def video of various fest happenings, and I
think this would make a much better starting place for a "highlights"
video in the style of Allen's past work.  There might only be a few
minutes worth saving out of the entire live feed, if it captured
anything that Steve missed.

-Aaron