[Coco] Hello Aaron help dragon

Darren A mechacoco at gmail.com
Tue May 17 11:55:17 EDT 2011

On 5/17/11, Phill Harvey-Smith  wrote:

> I believe that I checked this and the only thing you should need is to
> make a level shifter, I think the PIA pins that the CoCo uses as bitbang
> inputs are ACK and BUSY on the Dragon. So yeah I think that a simple
> MAX203/232 adapter would be suffient, there's even a +5V output on the
> Dragon paralell port to run it from.

The Dragon's BUSY and ACK inputs are connected to the same PIA pins as
the CoCo's RxD and CD inputs respectively.  The STROBE output on the
Dragon is connected to the same PIA pin as the CoCo's RxD output, but
is also inverted. The only change needed in the code would be to
handle the inverted data output. This could optionally be dealt with
by the server.

Darren