[Coco] Feature and performance comparisons

Roger Taylor operator at coco3.com
Thu Jun 23 12:01:26 EDT 2011

At 12:02 AM 6/23/2011, you wrote:
>Ok, had a ? by that.. hadn't seen a reference to FTP but thought it
>might work.  How about protocols like SFTP, SSH, SMB/Cifs, WevDAV,
>etc?  Is there a list of supported protocols for coconet somewhere?
>
>Am I missing any categories that you'd like me to add?

The CoCoNet server app is a reworked version of the Internet Modem
app which does TELNET.  The CoCoNet ROM doesn't utilize the TELNET
features of the server but you could write your own program I
suppose.  Features like this aren't "incomplete" or full of empty
promises, but rather something that is there waiting to be supported
by the ROM and then it will be documented as a CoCoNet feature.

>On Thu, Jun 23, 2011 at 12:50 AM, Roger Taylor <operator at coco3.com> wrote:
> > At 10:53 PM 6/22/2011, you wrote:
> >
> >> I don't know.  I only tested it in DOS with HTTP connections.
> >> I did a Twitter reader too, but for me is more interesting the web chat
> >> because a php script did the parsing for the coco,
> >> Thanks
> >

> > You can also mount a disk on an FTP server.  Just use the ftp://
> URL and see
> > how it works for you.
> >

> > --
> > ~ Roger Taylor