[Coco] Toolshed help

gene heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Wed Jun 8 09:51:21 EDT 2011

On Wednesday, June 08, 2011 09:45:40 AM gene heskett did opine:

> On Wednesday, June 08, 2011 07:30:36 AM Mike Rowen did opine:
> > Using "os9 format -t40 -ds -e 40ds.dsk" creates the correct sized
> > disk. I was not specifying the double sided option. So this creates a
> > disk that is equivalent in size and format to my floppy. When I
> > specify a filename in DW3 to create a new disk, the 0 size file is
> > created. When I format this disk with "format /x1", it creates a 4MB
> > image (18,432 sectors, 1024 cylinders).
> >
> > I tried doing a backup from /d0 to /x1 using the image I created with
> > the os9 command. About 3/4 of the way through it starts to generate
> > #247 errors when it hits sector $05A0 and above. I have no trouble
> > backing up /d0 to /d1 though.
> >
> > -Mike
>
> Sector $5A0=1440 sectors=a 40T ds disk.  Your /d0 thinks its bigger than
> that for some reason.  What does "dmode /d0" return?
>
> Hmm, now I am finding DW isn't working, can't find the rxtx libraries.
> I did have it working, but my customizations must have become moot in
> an upgrade since pclos is a rolling update release.  Asking for advice
> on that forum.

So far, no answer, so I copied the librxtxSerial.so to
/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.6.0-sun-1.6.0.25/jre/lib/i386

And while there is a slight version clash warning on dwstart, its working
again.

Cheers, gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
QOTD:
	"You want me to put *holes* in my ears and hang things from them?
	How...  tribal."