[Coco] Cococompatible monitors... [Now CoCo3FPGA, FPGA Development, and GIME replacement]

Mark McDougall msmcdoug at iinet.net.au
Thu Jul 7 17:59:01 EDT 2011

On 8/07/2011 12:37 AM, gene heskett wrote:

> I am, at this point, leaning toward the
> slightly smaller Spartan3 board, but haven't yet placed the order.

I'm very heavily biased towards Altera silcion (the Quartus tools are almost
universally acknowledged as being 'better' and easier to use than the Xilinx
tools) so I'd recommend the DE1 myself.

If you want to play with non-Coco implementations as well, I believe the DE1
is better supported (Minimig, Zet etc). I also think the addition of SDRAM,
SD card and more colour resolution on the VGA is a selling point.

Regards,