[Coco] 6809 breadboard trainer

John W. Linville linville at tuxdriver.com
Thu Jan 13 21:35:39 EST 2011

On Fri, Jan 14, 2011 at 01:40:00AM +0000, Erturk Kocalar wrote:
> Hi Mike,
>
> Take a look at Simon6809, educational 6809 SBC.  I designed it for people who want to learn assembly easy way (all
> you need is a usb port).  I should have kits or assembled boards.  Let me know if you are interested.  (the last one I
> sold was in the $50~$60 to cover my costs.)
>
> http://www.8bitforce.com/
>
> If that's too simple, I have Simon6809_Turbo in the works (I need help with code development *wink* :)).
>
> Erturk

FWIW, I have a Simon6809 board, and I love it.  It is really cool
to have something that is easy to carry around and run code on
real hardware.  My only wish would be for it to have some sort of
expansion port or breadboard area -- The Simon6809_Turbo looks like
a good follow-up!

I doubt if many remember, but I brought the Simon6809 to the
CoCoFEST! a few of years ago (2008).  I showed a few people how I
had adapted the Dunfield C compiler to target it -- kinda cool... :-)

I took this picture of it on CoCoFEST! Saturday:

	http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/linville/coco-6809/xo-and-simon6809.jpg

John

P.S.  Erturk, let me know how to get a Simon6809_Turbo.  I would _love_
to help with the code development as well!
--
John W. Linville                Someday the world will need a hero, and you
linville at tuxdriver.com                  might be all we have.  Be ready.