[Coco] basic09 - append to file

gene heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Tue Jan 11 19:42:14 EST 2011

On Tuesday, January 11, 2011 07:30:02 pm Aaron Wolfe did opine:

> On Tue, Jan 11, 2011 at 6:32 PM, Bob Devries <devries.bob at gmail.com>
wrote:
> > Willard,
> > I'm fairly sure that the value you use as a parameter for SEEK should
> > be INTEGER, not REAL.
>
> You'd think so, but basic09 manual says seek wants a real.  maybe
> because b09 ints aren't big enough?

That is why I wouldn't use the basic09 seek function. I'd have to think the
4 bytes in two 16 bit int sized registers of the syscall stack image has
got to be faster.  You are several layers of code closer to the hardware
that way.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)