[Coco] trig.h

gene heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Tue Jan 11 16:12:29 EST 2011

On Tuesday, January 11, 2011 04:02:05 pm Willard Goosey did opine:

> On Mon, Jan 10, 2011 at 08:48:37PM -0500, gene heskett wrote:
> > On Monday, January 10, 2011 08:47:19 pm Willard Goosey did opine:
> > >That's just not something talked about much in modern
> > >
> > > "abstract the problem away" CS courses.
> >
> > To the detriment of the students acquired education if I can opine on
> > that.
>
> Oh, yes.  I really would have liked a little more low-level "this is
> how the code works" and a little less Top-Down Design.
>
> The worst was a database theory class I took.  Half the class was
> designing databases in some complicated model that can't even be
> implemented (that we had to transform into a relational database when
> we went to actually code it in), and the other half the class was the
> professor whining that he can't change the hardware sector size on
> modern hard-drives to match his database's record-size. :-(
>
> Willard

That last is a fact of life, and I think I would have asked for my money
back on that one class as he was incompetent to teach the subject, or at
least offered him a bracelet hanger sized violin to play.  One normally
makes the software fit the hardware (or occasionally writes the software to
carve the hardware ;-) ), one gets much more for his efforts then.  Sheesh.
Two things the universe has an infinite amount of, stupidity and hydrogen,
but I'm not convinced hydrogen is infinite...  But stupidity gets tenure!

Now of course we have a new problem as the terrabyte plus drives today are
all 4k sectored drives and one must be very careful to align the partitions
on exactly 4k boundaries else they run at data speeds an inchworm can run
off from.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)