[Coco] New trick for nitros9 users

Steven Hirsch snhirsch at gmail.com
Mon Jan 10 15:46:19 EST 2011

On Mon, 10 Jan 2011, gene heskett wrote:

> I cannot write a dsk image on this machine as the FDC in it doesn't know
> what to do with a 256 byte/sector disk, so I must find another way to take
> the code snapshots to my coco.

Gene,  I think you've mentioned this before.  Do you think it's the actual
FDC hardware, or something that needs tweaking in the disk parameter files
(there are a few of them that deal with floppy I/O)?

I wonder if there are any PCI bus controllers with a more cooperative FDC
chip.  I know I have to hold my mouth just right for this to work on my
shop machine (motherboard circa-1999) using the built-in controller.

Steve