[Coco] COCO FPGA

John Orwen jorwen at neb.rr.com
Sun Dec 25 11:41:15 EST 2011

On 12/24/2011 5:31 PM, Frank Pittel wrote:
> John,
>
> I agree completely about what drivewire has done for the coco! I use
> it instead the CF card on my superide and avoid physical floppies whenever
> and however possible! They're getting old and their reliability leaves a lot
> to be desired these days.
>
> If you're interested in getting a coco3fpga it's already possible. I got
> my altera DE1 from Terasic for about $200 with shipping and the coco3fpga software
> is available for free download.
>
> The Other Frank

Frank,

I guess I will have to call myself "One the other John's" since there
are already several John's posting to this group.

I checked the Terasic website and located the Cyclone II - Altera DE1
Board for $150.00USD + Post.
Is that the correct FPGA to put the coco3 into ?

Is there currently a specific website to download the coco3fpga software
from and are there ongoing
updates posted for it from time to time ?

After the holidays, I am very interested in obtaining one of these and
begin seeing what I can do with it.
After two years of dealing with medical issues and expensive home repair
issues I am ready to treat
myself to something enjoyable.

That you for the suggestions.

John N0GFB