[Coco] Anyone else collect other old computers/game consoles beside the Coco?

Joel Ewy jcewy at swbell.net
Fri Aug 26 19:26:18 EDT 2011

On 08/26/2011 05:02 PM, Bob Devries wrote:
> Joel,
>
> I see your comment about your MM/1 needing a new hard drive.
>
> At this time on the N8VEM mailing list, there is in development a SCSI
> to IDE adaptor. This will make it much cheaper to install a new hard
> drive. I'm looking to get one or two of these also to replace ailing
> SCSI drives.

Cool.  Thanks, Bob.  I'm actually a member of the n8vem forum, but
haven't checked it out in a long time.  I probably still have some
working SCSI drives I could put in the MM/1 (it's just a matter of
finding the time and motivation to do it and then re-install OS-9) but
the supply is inevitably dwindling.  Even parallel ATA drives are
becoming harder to find new.  I'm glad to know about this.  I think
there are, or were, commercial SCSI->IDE adapters available, but my
recollection was that I wasn't enthusiastic about paying the price they
wanted for them.  Maybe I should check into it again.

JCE