[Coco] Anyone else collect other old computers/game consoles beside the Coco?

Todd Wallace dragonbytes at cox.net
Thu Aug 25 19:55:29 EDT 2011

I don't have tons of systems.  I do have sega genesis 2, a PS1 and PS2 if those even count.  My first computer i ever touched was a timex sinclar 1000 that my dad won in some sweepstakes.  Later that christmas we wanted something more powerful, and we got the color computer 3.  I never used the timex much.  But the coco3, i was HOOKED. started with no cassette, no floppy, no monitor. just the manual from which i spent hours entering in sample programs and being amazed.  turn it off and start from scratch. the following year we got a monitor, then a RGB monitor, then a floppy drive. at that point I was older and started getting my own stuff for the coco. got my hands on the 300 baud modem pak that only worked on 32char screens.  struggled with the standard 80char bbses I encountered with it. all the local bbses were mostly PCs.  But i happen to meet a guy who had coco stuff and he sold me a direct connect modem that used the bitbanger. 300 baud. and he hooked me up with a terminal program called "Ultimaterm" and what a difference it made.  BBS's became an obsession with me. Those were the days. Thanks for the trip down memory lane :)

- Todd (LordDragon)