[Coco] NitrOS-9 Directory Issue

Mike Rowen mike at bcmr3.net
Wed Aug 17 08:22:11 EDT 2011

Thanks, Willard!  The scratch file was indeed the issue. (Mike needs to be
like Willard and RTFM) . Its obvious that I did not have a proper
understanding of how EDIT works. I fixated on EDIT command options instead
of its underlying operation and didn't even think to look at the EDIT
manual. Well, I'm reading the OS-9 manual on EDIT and its in plain English
(near the beginning) that it creates a file named "scratch" and then renames
that file when you quit. So this was indeed a learning experience. Thanks
for pointing out my bad premise!

Regards,
-Mike Rowen