[Coco] VCF 2.0 Southwest Photos

Mark Marlette mmarlette at frontiernet.net
Tue Aug 9 20:11:54 EDT 2011

My understanding is they were in downtown Ft. Worth.

Here is a post I found explaining...Of course you can find anything to make your case on the Internet. This was posted from this link.....

http://www.flickr.com/photos/spencerlynnproductions/4623484100/

Tandy Center Subway

The Tandy Center in downtown Fort Worth, Texas, consisted of a set of two 20-story office towers, the former headquarters of Radio Shack (Tandy Corporation); an indoor shopping mall, and an indoor ice skating rink. The subway opened on Feb. 12, 1963 and linked from the stores out to parking lots on the banks of the Trinity River. The subway line operated until 2002, serving the single underground station at the Tandy Center office complex and three stations in the parking lots, and was the only privately owned subway system in the United States.

Today, the stations and portions of track remain amidst the empty parking lot. The "Tandy Towers" remain as office buildings under the name "City Place."

Mark
Cloud-9