[Coco] CoCo 2 problem

Chad H chadbh74 at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 4 23:58:05 EDT 2011

I was kinda leaning towards "failed ram" as the most likely culprit.
Unfortunatley, with this particular board, almost all chips are soldered in
place.  While I can solder 'OK' sometimes, I wouldn't want to risk damaging
the board or making a mess by taking a crack at it myself.  I'm wondering
how expensive it would be have someone replace the RAM chips with socks,
maybe even the soldered 6809 as well.  Would like to get it back to full
operation if is not overly expensive.

A photo of the board is here... http://www.mediafire.com/?12hf7zus7ebl49x

Would anyone be interested in such a soldering task?

- Chad