[Coco] CoCo 2 keyboard ribbon HELP!!??

Chad H chadbh74 at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 1 00:07:10 EDT 2011

Ok not sure what happened, but I had taken the cover off my CoCo 2 to blow
it out and take a photo..not like this is the first time I've ever taken the
keyboard loose either.

But upon re-assembly, only about half the keys work!! Ugh.  Looking at the
ribbon cable I didn't see any tears or obvious damage, neither to the
motherboard connector.

I took a multimeter just to see if I could measure continuity on the 'black'
side strips and I could from where it exits the keyboard up to about where
the re-inforced plastic end is.

Right where the re-enforced part starts, it has kind of a 'fold' or crease
in it and continuity starts breaking down.  How do I restore this!??  I've
seen some liquid "trace repair" stuff at Radio Shack before, would this be
what I need?  This is aggravating.  Any help would be appreciated.

Here is what I was thinking of to repair this..  any thoughts?

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3964901

-          Chad