[Coco] Deskmate 3 article link

john dumas JohnDumas at austin.rr.com
Wed Sep 15 19:23:37 EDT 2010

  On 9/15/2010 5:15 AM, Willard Goosey wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 15, 2010 at 01:22:03AM -0500, Little John wrote:
>> Wasn't the SAM and VDG developed as part of some sort of Farmers
>> Agricultural Terminal (one of which just sold on eBay rather cheaply)? Then
>> they decided, hey, this could also be used to make a cheap color computer?
>> I'm only asking because I seem to remember reading something to that effect
>> ages ago - but as memories go, mine seems relatively fallible...
True. I was MOTs circuit design engr for the VDG. Memory is dim now
but, I believe that the first expected customer was a game company
that bowed out before production of the chip.
> documentation about the 6809, I feel that their engineers hoped to
> take over the entire world with it.  Therefore, I kind of doubt that
Amen to that!!! Terry and Joel (and many others) thought that the 09 would
be the best 8 bitter ever seen...........It was........

cheers,
johnd