[Coco] VCC6809 on Linux?

Mark McDougall msmcdoug at iinet.net.au
Fri Oct 22 08:01:29 EDT 2010

On 21/10/2010 9:11 PM, Rogelio Perea wrote:

> The full install of Ubuntu on the 701 far surpased the stock Xandros,
> With Ubuntu I had "everything Linux" in that little box, so for me it was
> well worth the effort to install, just had to do some fancy USB stick
> footwork back in the day to get it running - nothing major and actually
> needed to get by the constraints of the EeePC.

OK, thanks. I was considering taking the leap to Ubuntu, but now I'm looking
at getting a full-blown laptop for work, and I suspect it'll be relegated to
the closet for eternity.

I would be tempted to load up a couple of emulators on it, but I'm eyeing
off the Pandora for that. Having a Coco, a SNES and pretty much every other
8/16-bit computer, console and arcade game in my pocket is just way too cool
to pass up (not to mention music & movies) - with a reported 10 hour battery
life too! I don't I'll dread public transport ever again!

Hmm... Lancer on the analogue nub... how many cycles are they failing at
now?? 400K... ;)

Regards,