[Coco] VCC6809 on Linux?

Mark McDougall msmcdoug at iinet.net.au
Thu Oct 21 05:52:10 EDT 2010

On 21/10/2010 7:21 PM, Rogelio Perea wrote:

> One of the first things I did when I bought my 701 EeePC a while ago was to
> strip Xandros and install Ubuntu. A couple of years after there is a Netbook
> Ubuntu distribution (http://www.ubuntu.com/netbook) that makes it easier to
> install and run on these small computers.

I never got around to installing Ubuntu on mine, but I did grab some scripts
which configured the standard desktop, and maximised the screen space in
firefox and thunderbird.

Is Ubuntu worth the effort?

But the screen resolution is still a major PITA. After using it on several
OS trips for internet and photo backup (to USB drive), I think it finally
proved itself inadequate when it was taking 10s to open the photos from my
Nikon DSLR... :(

Regards,