[Coco] Hosting for CoCo Projects - Can Anyone Help???

Little John sales at gimechip.com
Tue Oct 19 13:14:25 EDT 2010

Thanks Gene. I have heard from quite a few folks. This list really is loaded
with great people. I tried to set up a home server like yours using DynDNS
(I think you recommended it to me and so did C.W.), but my darned wireless
router kept it blocked. Couldn't get it working, but I won't give up.

 I'm not sure how many friends my son has made over these past few years,
but I've been browsing through the archives of stuff that many of you folks
have mailed, emailed and uploaded to him over the years. There's got to be a
couple hundred GIGs - over half of it CoCo (but a lot of duplication), some
for all the other Tandy Models - also what appears to be a complete set of
Tandy FAXBack documents (well probably not all of them but quite a bit).
There's a good deal of TI-99/4A and sinclair stuff in there too. This
archive is what I've been trying to get online. I believe I'll run a
hardline to his shop rather than wireless and this should hopefully solve my
problem and let me get this FTP set up.

$600 for OS-K.... sigh... I wasn't expecting it to be such a large price,
but I suppose it makes sense - lower volume sales = higher price. This will
definately throw a wrench in the works with the 68K card - the 68008 is
pretty limited, so Linux would probably crawl... but, you've given me
incentive to create a more powerful card - could you imagine firing up the
CoCo and running Linux via a 68K card? That would be great!

The inclination comes from my being raised watching the Waltons and Little
House on the Prairie - those shows shaped my idea of what families really
mean. Always being there for each other and I love my Son and don't mind
saying so :) The resources aren't really there - the shop is financed... but
it'll be worth it. Pays off in three years. The time... I'm self-employed
and so can spend lots of time with family, but this also means I may get a
call at 2AM or even noon after not sleeping. Still, it's worth it all. I
want to thank you all for your offers to help and I hope to have some really
great "open-source" hardware designs for you fine folks real soon.
THANK YOU! - John's Father... John