[Coco] Hosting for CoCo Projects - Can Anyone Help???

gene heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Tue Oct 19 13:01:43 EDT 2010

On Tuesday, October 19, 2010 12:57:37 pm Little John did opine:

> Thanks Bob - yes, I knew that it would have to be customized to match
> the hardware. Boisy suggested last week that I contact RadiSys
> directly, which I intend to do after John is back and settled in. I
> have the Atari 68K OS-9 as well, but I was hoping to find an MM/1
> version (since the specs for that particular machine are available... I
> figured I could work with that). Of course, my son's design uses the
> 68008 which will likely make the task even more difficult... just
> because of the way the 68008 has to access the memory. This also brings
> to light another reason for wanting to get this stuff up and online....
> by making every facet of the design public, I am hoping there will be
> folks out there who will be able to help get it going. In lieu of an
> actual operating system, it will at least be able to run a version of
> Lee Davison's Enhanced BASIC (see here:
> http://members.multimania.co.uk/leeedavison/68k/ehbasic/index.html)
>

> In addition to getting the 68K card going, John needs to get the BIOS
> finished for his CP/M card. So, hopefully, getting this online as well
> will help get it finished too.
>
> Interestingly... I had given up my Vintage Computing Hobby (after
> passing everything to Little John), but when my Son needed me to help
> him with some of his designs ... well, I got hooked... no better drug
> than the CoCo, ay?
>
> Thanks all, and may God bless you all ... you guys are great. - Big John

And I have a 1040ST.  With no experience to speak of, and limited drive
space on an ST-225, I am wondering if it might be worth the experiment.
Actually, I'd like to try linux on it, but as it sits, I have no clue how
much memory is in a 1040ST.