[Coco] Drivewire help needed

Robert Gault robert.gault at att.net
Mon Oct 18 18:56:29 EDT 2010

Jeremy Michea wrote:
> Hi, I meant I loaded the drivewire server as I usually do. I'm not sure
> what an MPI is but I just plugged the rompak into the cart slot as I
> would any other rompak.
>
> Yes, I'm using a coco 3 with the coco 3 version of the rompak:
>
> HDB-DOS 1.2 DW3 COCO 3
>
> Is the message just before the OK prompt.
>
> Let me ask this: What text normally shows up in the log window of the
> drivewire server while loading virtual disks? I'm trying to remember and
> I don't think anything did before today, which was why I thought all
> these lines about checksums was very strange and indicitive of a problem.

Jeremy,

We are using slightly different versions. On the Coco3 I see Disk Extended Color
Basic 1.1 and then HDB-DOS 1.1D DW3 COCO 3.
Regards the server, I don't get any messages in the log window when loading a
virtual disk. Could be a different version of the server. The other messages you
quoted are given as sector read/write reports.

Looks like you now know you were not seeing errors and that the problems with
the OS-9 games were the result of not having the DW3 driver in the os9boot file