[Coco] Phoenix progress

Roger Taylor operator at coco3.com
Sat Oct 16 18:43:19 EDT 2010

At 11:33 AM 10/16/2010, you wrote:
>Roger, can you talk about the text editor for the IDE?
>
>Ie, what languages, if any, does it know about.  As in, will it do indenting
>if I'm using C, or how about, DECB or Basic09.  Does it know the keywords of
>the Coco and OS9 languages?

Disk BASIC, OS9 assembler, RMA, and OS9 C  syntax coloring hasn't yet
been defined, but CCASM, OS9, RMA assemblers have been defined as far
as usage goes, just no syntax coloring yet.

However, all popular languages and probably 40 more you rarely hear
about are already defined in the lex schemes provided by the editor,
but I have yet to implement a way to let the user choose the scheme
yet because I've been focused on all the other features.  For now,
the syntax for my CCASM assembler is chosen by default until I add
the syntax property to the base class that's inherited by all the
various editor controls used by the IDE.   In short, Yes... but I'm
working to implement this so the user can choose the language from a
drop-down list in the file properties, and optionally (eventually) as
a bells-and-whistles feature, have the IDE detect the language
automatically if desired.

I'll have a syntax editor in the IDE as well.  Schemes are saved in
.xml files and I can include 3rd party schemes in future releases
fairly easily.

~ Roger Taylor