[Coco] Ebay chuckle of the day

Roger Merchberger zmerch-coco at 30below.com
Mon Oct 11 23:01:54 EDT 2010

On 10/11/2010 09:49 PM, Gene Heskett wrote:
> On Monday, October 11, 2010 09:48:00 pm Rob Rosenbrock did opine:
>
>> Is that 1200 baud?
>>

> Doubtful, 300 I believe, and not at all capable of dealing with line
> distortions.

Depends on the distortions... ;-) "back in the day" I was able to
whistle several different characters into my 300 baud modem. I was
"bummed" that I could only get one pegged for my 1200 baud modem, and I
tried, failed, and got really dizzy in the process ;-) trying to produce
characters whistling into my 2400 baud modem.

I didn't have a Modem IB, tho - I had the little white CoCo specific
300baud modem of the time (with the red bar-button); I can't remember
the model # for it, tho.

Laterz!
Roger "Merch" Merchberger