[Coco] Coco Digest, Vol 90, Issue 41

Tony Cappellini cappy2112 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 28 14:04:46 EDT 2010

Message: 5
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2010 22:35:40 -0700
From: tlindner at macmess.org (tim lindner)
Subject: [Coco] Coordinated CoCo Conference #1
To: coco at maltedmedia.com (CoCoList for Color Computer Enthusiasts)

>>I am announcing a Skype conference I will be running the first Tuesday
>>of every month.

I use Skype regularly for person-person video chats.
It works pretty well on Windows XP/Windows 7. I know it has group
capability but haven't tried it.

Does Skype have any limitations as to the number of people who can be
in a group?
I wouldn't expect the Skype servers to be able to handle an indefinite
amount of bandwidth.

I might be interested in listening in, if I can get home from work in time.

I like the idea of this- however, if too many people try to talk at
the same time, that might be a problem.
I wonder if there is some sort of interlock to keep that form happening.
Kind of like passing a token.

I guess the old-tech "Over" terminology could be used when one has
finished talking.