[Coco] Drivewire vs Coconet Can anyone tell me a reason to use one over the other?

Mark Ormond markormond at mtxsystems.com
Thu Oct 21 23:15:57 EDT 2010

I'm configuring up a Coco 2 and a coco 3 for use with a pc and wanted to know which would be a better fit, Drivewire or Coconet?

Are the main differences that ability to change disk images from the coco itself? Or using the bitbanger port which will be less trouble to use?

Also, regarding drivewire, if the 8k rom is programmed into a 16k space what will that do to the computer? I'm looking at doing the piggyback rom install on the 27128 and maybe swapping between the 2 but coconet is 16k while drivewire is 8k.

Thanks,
Later,
Dabone