[Coco] 1megx8 SRAM Chips Source

Little John sales at gimechip.com
Thu Oct 21 19:49:36 EDT 2010

Can anyone recommend cheaply priced 1megx8 SRAM chips in TSOP or TSOP II configuration? And a source for same? After I debugged my son's 2meg DRAM interface, I decided to have a look at his 2 Meg SRAM design. He used a 1Mx16 SRAM in the design, however this design will not work. I see how he used A0 to differentiate between the upper and lower byte (odd/even byte) , but this will prevent any GIME graphics mode that requires a 16-bit read from being able to function properly. It seems that using two separate 1m x 8 chips would likely be the easiest and most logical solution to this problem, although it could be done with a 1mx16, I'll leave that to John if he wishes to continue working on it, but I believe it will be relatively simple to fix the design  by simply using the two 1mx8's.. Thanks - Big John