[Coco] Dumb CoCo 3 Ethernet adapter

Mike Rowen mike at bcmr3.net
Mon Nov 8 16:51:37 EST 2010

There are RS-232 to Ethernet devices. The trick is of course writing
applications to use them. There are a lot of tiny hardware devices like the
WIZnet gateway that do this. You might be able to attain similar I/O as you
could through DriveWire, but at a probable great overhead to the CoCo. I've
even thought that a BeagleBoard with onboard Linux and DW4 compiled, might
be a decent solution that would be in a tiny footprint. However, the more
elaborate you get, the more the cost rises. Fun, you bet! Practical, not so
much. :)

-Mike