[Coco] The official explanation for the missing May 1983 issue

John Guin johnguin at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 23 16:03:08 EST 2010

Say all,

I know this crops up from time to time.  People generally ask "What happened
to the May 1983 issue of the Rainbow?"  As part of the Rainbow OCR project
(http://cocomag.dyndns.org/TheRainbow.shtml), I stumbled across the official
explanation from the June 1983 issue:

Changing Issue Dates

We are "skipping" a cover issue date - but not an issue of the Rainbow -
with this month's issue.

You may have noticed that this month's issue carries the cover date of
"June, 1983" although the last Rainbow you received had a cover date of
"April." No, you did not miss an issue - we just jumped a month in the cover
dates so that your June Rainbow would arrive before June started, rather
than in the middle or end of the month shown on the cover.

If you have a subscription, your subscription expiration date was advanced
one month last month. (We said it would be this month, but we did it last
month instead). You will still get a full 12 issues in your subscription.

Thought this might be nice to keep archived in case it gets asked again,

John