[Coco] ANNOUNCE

gene heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Wed Nov 17 10:11:15 EST 2010

Greetings;

Pursuant to a recent discussion of sorts re os9 archiving tools, and in
case some of the newer ones here haven't picked it up for their coco usage
yet. I have moved both lha_2_11c.lzh and lzh10.ar to
<http://gene.homelinux.net:85/gene/stuff4george>
and created a subdir LHA.STF there which contains the contents of
lha_2_11c.lzh which includes the .doc files, renamed as .txt files so .doc
detectors in browsers shouldn't miss-handle them.  However, they are not
line end converted so will display funny on non-coco systems, so those who
download and save them should become familiar with 'tr' or whatever its
called on your machines.

What version of OSTerm are folks using?, I found at least 2.08 and 2.10
here.  I have copied the 2010.lzh version to the above link now as its
internal file dates are about 6 years newer than the 2.08.ar.

I have also copied the newest version of Supercom I have to there, as
sc23ed6.lzh.  This was my favorite of the os9 comm programs, handling the
rz/sz stuff well.

For those who would like to schedule stuff, I have copied Cron_vE.lzh there
too.

And I just found a dir with the version of disasm that I used extensively
15 years ago, so that whole dir is in the process of being made into a
'disasm1.7.lzh' archive & should be ready for dl in another 15 minutes or
so. Because it also contains the assembly listings, it is about 125k after
lha smunches it.

And I just found the directory I had all the Prof. Bud Pass 'SLEUTH' stuff
in, and he didn't mind my bringing it uptodate (he wrote it in os9 level 1
version .0001 days :-) ) and I brought it up to level 2 capabilities but I
don't believe I ever added the 6309 op-codes to it.  Anyway lha is busy
munching away on that, and it will still be a huge archive for a coco disk.

Sleuth is capable of generating extremely high quality source code, but
does require a lot of time consuming 'baby sitting' to achieve because it
doesn't change modes from fcc/fcb to executable code and vice versa at all
well, so you have to watch it, and generate a file that tells it which modes
are at which offsets into the binary you are dissing, then re-run it again
for each addition you make to this reference file.  A source binary full of
fcs's, fcc's & fcb's at odd locations can be a bear.  It is 337k, and sz is
copying it and it S/B ready now.

The drive I am pulling this stuff from is extensive, nearly 90 megs of
coco/os9 stuff so you can ask about a lot of things I probably have.  Don't
be bashful.  If I fall over and this isn't made available now, some of it
will be lost forever.  Not that all of my stuff is "precious", but for some,
there's no reason to re-invent that particular wheel again.  I hope it will
be useful to someone.

Enjoy.

--
Cheers, Gene