[Coco] WARNING! Possible virus script hijacking of CoCo3.com !!!

Boisy G. Pitre boisy at tee-boy.com
Thu May 20 13:14:34 EDT 2010

On May 20, 2010, at 11:28 AM, Roger Taylor wrote:

> At 10:53 AM 5/20/2010, you wrote:
>> Roger,
>>
>> While you are updating your site, would you remove the line that says "The guys over at Cloud-9 HATE this thing! And I'll tell you why..." from the front page beneath the link to the YouTube video?  It is a false statement and really is childish on your part.  Grow up.
>> --
>> Boisy G. Pitre
>> http://www.tee-boy.com/
>

> I'll make a deal with you.  (the message has already been removed).  Return the favor by removing the porn links from the NitrOS-9 modules?  It's not a hard thing to do.  Thanks.

Defacing your own website is an infantile way to effect change (and I seriously doubt that you are sincerely offended by the link), but others have expressed the desire to change the padding to something else.  I've made the change to the kernel source and committed it. Tonight's build will reflect the change.

If you're done playing tit-for-tat, then let's get back to the business at hand:  benchmarks, performance, and throughput of our respective products.

You stated that you would be posting new performance numbers on Drive Pak.  I'm anxious to see them.  And since you are so adept at playing games, I'll lay out the rules for you:

- Your numbers should reflect the rate at which your software drivers read data from your device in some unit (bytes or bits) per second
- The source for any software that you write to do the benchmarking should be made available
- Results should be demonstrably repeatable by other parties for verification

According to my calculations, the maximum throughput that your pak can attain is 45.51 seconds per megabyte of data read.  It will be interesting to see how close you can get to that number.

Good luck!
--
Boisy G. Pitre
http://www.tee-boy.com/