[Coco] Connecting the serial port of a coco emulator to a PC

Aaron Wolfe aawolfe at gmail.com
Thu May 20 01:40:18 EDT 2010

I'm not aware of any emulators that actually provide a serial port
output, but if there are any I'd sure like to know about it.

Using John Linville's patch for MESS and the DriveWire 4 server, you
can connect two (or more) emulated CoCo's via what appears to a
program to be a serial port under OS-9.  You can also use the
DriveWire TCP/IP API to communicate between multiple CoCo's, real or
emulated.  If that would help, I can explain how to do it.

-Aaron