[Coco] Preserving old CoCo diskettes...

Boisy G. Pitre boisy at tee-boy.com
Wed May 19 01:27:40 EDT 2010

On May 19, 2010, at 12:00 AM, Roger Taylor wrote:

> Boisy, the entire pak and what it can do right smack out of the box speaks for itself and is not inferior to anything Cloud-9 makes.

Roger, I hear you.  It's your product, you are proud of it, and you are guarded and wary when I post something about it.  But by selling products that compete with Cloud-9 (Drive Pak, serial cables, CoCoNet) you have made yourself a competitor of Cloud-9, and as such, you should expect and be prepared for a level of scrutiny that comes with that.  Likewise, I have a responsibility to be fair and honest. That's competition.

> When you compare apples and oranges yet give only a speed comparison between them and purposely leave out all the other good stuff, this can be seen as a bit below the belt.

It is your prerogative to make and market any product you want. When it competes with a product that we make, it is our prerogative to study yours, compare it to ours, and point out where they are different. Ultimately the customer decides.  I am not using disparaging words... I am not hitting below the belt... I am employing mathematics, measurement tools like megaread, and benchmark practices that have stood the test of time. If you don't like the conclusions that I have drawn, you are free to offer a rebuttal or innovate your way past us.

> I'll be posting demo videos over time that hopefully will help clear up some of these misunderstandings you guys seem to have and hopefully win back the confidence of (x) number of people whom you've tried to pursuade to look elsewhere for a modern CoCo storage solution.

I welcome that.
--
Boisy G. Pitre
http://www.tee-boy.com/