[Coco] Preserving old CoCo diskettes...

Mark Marlette mmarlette at frontiernet.net
Tue May 18 15:46:18 EDT 2010

Gene,

It appears that Roger T. has your fix. You can get an enhanced NitrOS-9 6551 driver from him.

When it has cleared the Heskett test bench, let me know what your benchmark results are. We performed some benchmarks at the fest on Friday night. Boisy also had some slides on theoretical throughput calculations for the CoCo3. I don't recall the exact numbers......Boisy??????

I'll report our test case and numbers, we did benchmark others.

Test case:

Boot NitrOS-9

load megaread

date -t;megaread </x0@;date -t

DriveWire3, 120 seconds.
SuperIDE with SD card adapter and SuperDriver v2.1, 22 seconds.
SuperIDE with CompactFlash and SuperDriver v2.1, 18 seconds.
TC^3 SCSI with a FAST SCSI drive and SuperDriver v2.1, 12 seconds.

Can't help it, we are Engineers and love to look at the data/facts.

Regards,

Mark
Cloud-9