[Coco] CoCoNet 1.18 test

Roger Taylor operator at coco3.com
Sat May 8 19:39:01 EDT 2010

At 03:50 PM 5/8/2010, you wrote:

>Roger:
>Today I tested CoCoNet, but I think I'm missing something because it
>did not work. What I did is this:
>1. I started the server with my bluetooth configured to use com3 and
>"allow other devices to see my device" option selected in my windows vista box.
>2. I booted my coco 2 with my Deluxe Wireless RS-232 Pak and got this:
>COCONET 1.18
>CNET-SIO: NO
>CNET-6551 : NO
>MICROSD PAK: NO

Jorge, here's the CoCoNet 1.19 ROM which does away with the ?IO Error
if no disk is present in your real FDC.  The BluetoothReady routine
looks good so I'm waiting on your response on that.  The initial
setup of letting the PC accept calls from the CoCo over the air can
be tricky or just plum silly easy depending on what bluetooth stack
your PC uses (Windows, Broadcom, etc.).  Some of them have better
dialogs and more checkboxes.

On the PC, remove the CoCo or EB301 connection and do it over again
and make note of the *incoming* COM port it assigns and then use that
in your CoCoNet server .ini file or at the server prompts.

The server will open the Incoming COM port and wait on the connection
to happen.  If you turn the CoCo off, I found it's best to wait about
15 seconds before powering back up if you want to the server to
settle and respond as expected.  That is, the underlying bluetooth
stack has to deal with the loss of connection and reset itself and
then the server gets the news, etc.  It's all smooth and easy once
the PC is accepting incoming connections.