[Coco] Toolshed on Windows - bug affecting ftell()

Christian Lesage hyperfrog at gmail.com
Tue May 25 17:18:08 EDT 2010

Hi all,

This might not be the place for such a request, but I need some help
using CVS and Sourceforge.

There is a bug in the Windows C runtime library that causes ar2.exe to
fail with a lot of archives. The problem lies with ftell() not working
properly when the file to be processed hasn't been explicitly opened in
binary mode. I've corrected the source code, but I don't know how to put
the files back on Sourceforge. Could someone help me doing that?

BTW, I manually downloaded each source file that ar2 is comprised of.
There must be a better and faster way to do that! If I could download
the whole source tree, I would check if the bug affects the other tools
in Toolshed.

Thanks,

Christian