[Coco] [OT] Remember text based Lunar Lander?

John Guin johnguin at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 30 17:55:50 EDT 2010

When I was in 8th grade, we had an assignment to convert any game from Ahl's
books to the Commodore PET machines we had.  40 column screens - converting
from 80 wasn't too hard unless there were too many columns in the original
code.  Lunar Lander was one of these.  And if I remember right, some of the
games were written for 132 column line printers, which was just about
impossible to convert in any meaningful way.

Oh, and by the way, looking around on the 'net shows some really good Lunar
Lander material.  A good article about it being 40 years old, a new machine
(like the claw droppers/grabbers) made as an arcade box, etc...  I would
post the links, but haven't seen anyone else post links that too often here.
I'll assume a little internet searching for this would find these pages for
those that are interested.

But honestly, the spaghetti code in this listing is too circular (but well
written in a pasta-ish sort of way) to unscramble and I'll just rewrite this
from the ground up - so to speak...

John