[Coco] [OT] Remember text based Lunar Lander?

wdg3rd at comcast.net wdg3rd at comcast.net
Mon Mar 29 21:38:35 EDT 2010

----- "Mark McDougall" <msmcdoug at iinet.net.au> wrote:

> wdg3rd at comcast.net wrote:
>
> > Contrary to
> > popular cliche, rocket science ain't all that hard.
>
> At least not until you bring celestial mechanics into it... ;)

That's not even first-level derivatives.  Just algebra.  Piece o' cake. Unless you get into many-body interactions.  None of significance this side of Jupiter, and I wasn't planning on getting further than the Belt.  Maybe after rejuvenation I'll consider moving beyond, but the Belt has everything I need in the way of unclaimed resources.  Once I get out of this deep gravity well, I see no reason to dive into another one.  If somebody wants gravity, it's easy to simulate (good old centripetal inertia, or as the ignorant call it, centrifugal force).  As a part time thing.
Ward Griffiths        wdg3rd at comcast.net