[Coco] Sigh of relief, refresh your floppies!

Mark McDougall msmcdoug at iinet.net.au
Fri Mar 26 18:00:32 EDT 2010

Stephen H. Fischer wrote:

> Years to unreadability = what?

Wholly depends on the quality of media and how you store them.

I have CDs that I couldn't read after only a couple of years. I also have
some blank DVDs that were left in the sun for several months that are no
longer writable (they get errors).

If I was archiving 200 floppies that I really didn't want to lose, I'd be
burning at *least* 2 CDs if not more, storing 1 of those off-site, and
probably also archiving to HDD. And doing it again in about 5 years...

Regards,