[Coco] Appologies

richec rcrislip at neo.rr.com
Fri Mar 26 13:07:40 EDT 2010

On Friday 26 March 2010 07:35:09 am Jason Law wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> Just wanted to sincerely appologise for being disrespectful in general
> yesterday.
>
> While I may have felt I had reason to raise certain issues, I certainly
> didn't go about it in a very constructive way.
>
> But for the record, I was holding back to some degree :)
>
> Anyway, sorry to fill your in-boxes with garbage you'd have rather not have
> read through.
>
> I was considering leaving the CoCo community and just going my own way, so
> after the intitial response of feedback I received, I thought why not, let
> it out and see what happens, then make a decision.
>
> I've decided to just fall back to the website I've setup and limit my
> community contact to there, even if it ends up 0, I'll still be doing my
> programming :D
>
> As they say if you can't handle the heat get out of the kitchen.
>
> Well I really can't handle it, perhaps I was spoiled from being in such a
> supportive user group and I'm just hanging on to the past.
>
> As it was pointed out, I haven't been around as long as some. So I don't
> really have the right to try to change anything.
>
> Maybe something positive will come from it for some :)
>
> And thanks to the guys who did make the effort to support and encourage me
> during my time with the community.
>
> All the best guys, most of you have been great for the short time I've
>  known you.
>
> Jason

Hi Jason,

I am an ex-preacher so get ready 8-).

<sermon>

Do what you feel you have to do, but isloating yourself is self defeating. I
do not agree with everything I see on any mailist either and yes folks can be
be very opinionated... especially developers. You have to remember the only
difference between software/hardware developers and artists is the medium. I
have never met a more touchy-opinionated group than artists and musicians. You
and all others on this list have a lot to contribute. I only WISH I had half
the time some folks here have to develope on the CoCo. Hummm... maybe I better
be careful of what I wish for 8-]. You and all the others make up the family.
Like families, there WILL not always be agreement nor are the accolaldes
<<sp?> going to be handed out as they ought. Like the rest of the world, there
will ALWAYS be folks here who think their way is better and you are a jerk if
you think differently. I saw it in the discussions as to why USB should or
should not be implemented on the CoCo, as well as HTML, as well as networking,
as well as.... well you get the picture. But who cares? In the end guys such
as yourself, Boisy, Mark, Roy, Roger, Gene, etc keep trying, developing, and
computing. God bless you! Others have taken the bull by the horns and
commentted a tremendous amount of time and energy archiving CoCo magazines and
any other documentation that is fast fading away. Again GOD BLESS YOU ALL! It
is folks like you that have kept all those poor ole CoCos out of the trash
heaps, and kept folks like me coming back for more. So keep CoCo'ing and have
fun with it. Your site is great and keep developing it, but do it for the
right reasons. I like it and plan to visit it more, although I am not a
developer... yet.

</sermon>

Sincerely,

Richard