[Coco] New CoCo site for programmers

John W. Linville linville at tuxdriver.com
Wed Mar 24 13:31:21 EDT 2010

On Wed, Mar 24, 2010 at 07:42:55AM -0700, Steve Batson wrote:

> With any of this, yes it's nice to have some appreciation and nice
> feedback, but it's not always going to be there, at least not always at the
> level we'd like. As many here have said in the past, projects are done out
> of the love for the CoCo, or just to prove something can be done. Just do
> it for one or more of the reasons listed above and don't worry what others
> say.

Sure, but I think you miss the point.  If it weren't for the group,
then we might as well each be sitting in a basement with our copy
of Going Ahead With Extended Color BASIC, writing our own private
masterpiece never to be seen by anyone.  If that is what you want,
then why would you even be on the list?

If you can't muster an "attaboy" for other people's projects, well
I guess you have the right to be that way.  But if you value the
group, then some simple encouragement and appreciation is warranted.
I believe the group could be doing a better job in that regard.

John